When? Friday 16th March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 26-28c and sunshine with some cloudy spells
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Karachi Kings W4
Coach: Dean Jones
- United have won their last six matches in succession as they have easily been the best team in the second half of the group stage after dispatching the Quetta Gladiators on Thursday and they would love to beat the Kings here too.
- In a match where Luke Ronchi failed to fire for the first time in a while, it was JP Duminy’s turn to take the initiative and he led them to a comfortable six-wicket win thanks to a controlled 54 from 47 balls.
- They have sealed the number one seed spot so that is a bonus for them and they may consider resting one or two players potentially and to give some playing time to some of their younger players here.
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Imad Wasim
- The Kings will know prior to this game if they need to win to be assured of a play-off place as Peshawar Zalmi play in the earlier game and a win for them will pile the pressure on the Karachi outfit after they lost to Zalmi by 44 runs on Thursday.
- With Morgan skippering the side, he will be hoping to have a bigger impact than his debut match for them on Thursday where he only managed seven runs and was part of a batting display that was poor except for good knocks by Babar Azam and Shahid Afridi.
- They will have some decisions to make in their bowling attack also after Mohammad Irfan was hit for 46 from his three overs and they may consider bringing in another slow bowler to change things around further.
The Kings are making life hard for themselves after another defeat on Thursday has left them sweating on Zalmi’s result before they play this game, and they will potentially need to win to reach the final four. They face the form team in PSL 2018 in Islamabad and they are unlikely to ease off the gas too much as they aim to take momentum into the knockout phase. Form is certainly in United’s favour, but it is worth checking whether they rest any players. They can play with composure unlike the Kings, and that should work in their favour so they are worth considering if they have a full strength team.