When is Oman vs Ireland taking place? Wednesday, 13th February, 09:45
Where is Oman vs Ireland taking place? Al Amarat, Oman
What is the expected weather for Oman vs Ireland? 21-23c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Oman vs Ireland on? The match will not be televised live
Where can I stream Oman vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Oman vs Ireland? Ticket can be purchased directly at the stadium
Oman beat Oman by 2 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Ajay Lalcheta
- Oman join Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands in this quadrangular series for the first time as hosts and they will be hoping to put in some good performances as they look to keep developing.
- They have played Ireland once before and they pulled off a shock victory by two wickets as they chased down Ireland’s 154/5 to win with just two balls to spare in what remains the biggest victory in their history as they have only ever otherwise beaten Hong Kong in this format of the game.
- They will be desperate to do well in front of their home fans but there is little expectation of them although their spinners will be confident of taking advantage of conditions on home turf.
Captain: Paul Stirling
- Ireland come into this series hoping for an upturn in form as they have won just one match in their last 12 T20 internationals although a number of their recent defeats have come against superior opposition in India and Afghanistan.
- They have lost five of their last six matches batting second as they have fallen short in their chases and it seems highly likely that Ireland along with the other teams will want to bat first and get some runs on the board ideally.
- The key man for them as usual will be Paul Stirling who is coming off a spell in the Bangladesh Premier League which should serve as ideal preparation for this match and the skipper was in good form in the warm-up match against an Oman Development XI as he smashed 78 from 48 balls so he will be vital.
Ireland come into this opening match expected to win but will have learned from a defeat in a warm-up match with an Oman Development XI that they will not have it easy here. The batting was reasonable although more of their line-up will have to contribute and support skipper Paul Stirling more, while they will have talented pace bowler Boyd Rankin for this one. That said, conditions may not suit him necessarily and it will be a tough test for them so early in the tournament, but they should have too much firepower with the bat for the host nation and avoid a repeat off the embarrassing loss to Oman in 2016.