AT A GLANCE
When is New Zealand vs Pakistan taking place? Sunday, November 4th
Where New Zealand vs Pakistan taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs Pakistan? 28-30c with sun and some cloud forecast
What channel is New Zealand vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Star GOLD (Sky Channel 729)
Where can I stream New Zealand vs Pakistan? The match will not be available via streaming
Are tickets still available for New Zealand vs Pakistan? https://www.q-tickets.com/pakvnz2018/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Kane Williamson
- New Zealand once again showed they are capable of pushing Pakistan all the way in the second T20 match but they fell marginally short once again and they simply have to put more runs on the board and score at a faster rate if they are to pick up a consolation win.
- Phillips is struggling with the bat as opener so a re-jig may be in order with skipper Kane Williamson tipped to come move up to partner Munro while that could see Mark Chapman come into the eleven for an opportunity to impress.
- Lockie Ferguson is tipped to get a start here with either Milne or Southee rested as they look to give some playing time to the raw fast bowler but those are the only likely changes for this final T20 match.
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Pakistan sealed their 11th
consecutive series victory by winning the second T20 match on Friday and they showed their versatility in chasing down New Zealand’s total after previously preferring to set a target when winning the toss.
- Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman were reunited on Friday after the latter returned from injury and although his form is not great, he will help them make a fast start with the bat at the very least and the batting line-up should remain unchanged.
- Waqas Maqsood should come in to make his debut now the pressure is off and the series has been won, while Hasan Ali or Faheem Ashraf could potentially be rested for this final match.
This series has been much closer than the previous series between Pakistan and Australia, so New Zealand can take some heart from that but they will be frustrated at having fallen just short in both matches so far. Pakistan are rampant right now and the belief in the team is superb. The only risk to them in a match like this is either complacency or easing off the gas a little as they seem to have the beating of New Zealand. This pitch should see another low scoring affair and unless there are signs that Pakistan are relaxing a little, this is their match to win. Caution however may be in order for such a dead rubber.