When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Sunday, 3rd February, 02:00
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Wellington
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? 21-22c with some clouds throughout the day but no rain expected
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Cricket/One-Day-Internationals-Tickets
New Zealand beat India by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Kane Williamson
- New Zealand produced a ruthless display as they annihilated India in the fourth ODI and with the series already over as a contest with the Indians winning the first three games, New Zealand were able to salvage some pride with the big win in Hamilton.
- The Blackcaps ripped through the Indian top and middle order as they reduced their opponents to 55-8 and despite some resilience from the lower order, New Zealand managed to bowl India out for a paltry score of 92.
- Trent Boult was impressive as he claimed a five-wicket haul, finishing with figures of 5-21 whilst Ross Taylor hit a quick-fire 37 off 25 balls as New Zealand raced to their target in just 14.4 overs for the eight-wicket win and after such a dominant win, the Blackcaps are expected to name an unchanged line-up in the final game of the series.
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- India’s bid for a series clean sweep came to a crashing halt as they were on the receiving end of a big defeat in the fourth ODI which was a huge turnaround from the previous three matches and will cause some concern for the Indians ahead of the World Cup.
- With the series won, India rested captain Virat Kohli whilst MS Dhoni was sidelined with a hamstring injury and the plan was for Kohli to sit out both of the final two matches in the series but he may now come back in after such a heavy defeat with the 92 scored their seventh lowest ever total.
- Dhoni will face a fitness test ahead of the final game of the series and will come back into the side if fit while other changes could also be made as the Indians look to avoid complacency although Shubman Gill is expected to be given another chance to show what he can do after scoring just nine on his debut.
Although India were looking to complete a series whitewash, they could have accepted a defeat in the first of two dead rubbers. What they wouldn’t have accepted was the embarrassing defeat they were handed as New Zealand demolished them in the fourth ODI. After salvaging some pride with that performance, it could be argued India need to show some fight in order to turn that poor effort around. The tourists may look to tweak their line-up but New Zealand can again capitalise on some complacency to end the series on a high.