When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Friday, 6th February, 06:00 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Auckland
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? 20-21c with a cloudy sky and small chance of rain
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Cricket/One-Day-Internationals-Tickets
New Zealand beat India by 80 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Kane Williamson
- After a disappointing ODI series, New Zealand got the three-match T20 series off to the perfect start as they hammered India by 80 runs thanks to a superb all-round display in Wellington.
- The Blackcaps were dominant with both bat and ball, setting India 220 to win before they managed to skittle them for 139 in the impressive victory that lays down a great marker for the remaining two matches and the key was a strong opening partnership which they often lacked in the ODIs.
- Having missed most of the ODI series, Tim Southee made a welcome return to the fold with figures of 3-17 having opened the bowling and he will be looking to back that up with another solid performance in the second match with the Blackcaps set to be unchanged.
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- India were unable to carry over their ODI form into the first T20 match of the series as they were on the end of a heavy defeat against New Zealand and need to win this second match to keep the series alive.
- The bowling unit could not stop the New Zealand onslaught with Hardik Pandya going for 51 from his four overs whilst Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Khaleel Ahmed weren’t much better as they conceded 47 and 48 runs respectively.
- Kedar Jadhav was a surprising omission in the first game but is likely to come in here after India struggled so badly in the first match whilst Shubman Gill is another option to come in if the Indians decide to mix up their team.
New Zealand put their ODI woes behind them with a superb performance in the first T20 game but now they must replicate that level if they are to claim the series. India have some options to change their team for the second match and are likely to do so in order to spark a reaction after the poor showing in the first game. New Zealand have selected a team with great balance and look dangerous in this format with several players carrying their great domestic form into the international arena and they can secure the series with a win in this second T20 game.