The Stats Zone is a relatively new company and we’re looking for talented individuals to get in touch and demonstrate their skills to and for us! We’ll be honest and open and tell you that we do not pay fortunes. We do however offer a great platform to showcase your work and abilities, as well as the opportunity to work with our clients which include a major sports federation.
At TSZ, we have grand designs for the future but we're essentially a young start-up company aiming to develop and establish ourselves this year. We are looking to recruit talented prospects who wish to develop themselves and build a career in the industry. We are currently a small team, but our aim is to create more full-time permanent roles later in 2016.
· Data Collection – this may involve watching games or collecting data from our historical archives. It could be football, it could tennis, golf, rugby league or athletics! This could involve quality control and database management – essential parts to ensure the integrity of a good strong data set.
· Research – using external data sources that we buy, and looking into own proprietary data sets, you may be tasked with leaving no stone unturned to find missing pieces of data or information!
· Analysis – after you’ve done step one and two, the final phase is interpreting the data and communicating your findings. Whether it is producing reports, blogging, or helping create infographics, there’s a wide range of opportunities to demonstrate your analytical skills.
We are looking for students of sport....individuals who are not just armchair fans, but interested in delving further into what is happening, and why it happens. Knowledge of sport is important, but so is the ability to analyse performance and data with a neutral and objective perspective.
If there are specific aspects of the three elements of the role, or a specific sport that you are particularly strong at, let us know in your application. There may be projects specifically suited to you which we can offer.
Aside from the three core areas outlined above in this role, we are looking for a variety of skills which would be valued as a Sports Research & Data Analyst at TSZ:
· Accuracy and Attention to detail is of paramount importance
· Visualisation skills
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Determination to see a research project to the end
· Coding skills (R and/or C++)
· Strong written communication skills
We've worked with enough talented people to take a degree or qualification for what it is worth. You may not have the background in sports data research, but you may have the skills that fit the bill. Knowledge of multiple sports, experience in working with and manipulating data, or implementing research techniques are just as vital as a degree, so tell us about anything you have learned or studied which may be appropriate for this role!
This is a part time role on a contractor basis. You are responsible for declaring what you earn to the relevant authorities.
Payment is varies depending on your skills and experience. Fees can be project-based or on a daily rate, and will be agreed in advance of any work undertaken. Fees are paid promptly on a monthly basis.
Role: Part-time contractor
Requirements: High speed internet & own PC/Laptop with Microsoft excel and word
Hours: Flexible / project-based
Same drill as any gig really – we need a CV from you please. We don’t need a long cover letter – just scribble an email explaining the motivation behind your application and sell yourself to us.
The one thing we do insist upon however is that you are prepared to do a short exercise as part of the application process. It is fun, and will not take too long of your time. Only apply if you are willing to spend the time and energy to do the exercise!
Send your application to [email protected] by the January 31st. Assuming we consider your application of suitable quality, we’ll get in touch with everybody regardless of whether you’ve been successful or not!
We are sticklers for strong and unique applications, so take your time, read this page carefully, and only apply if you are seriously interested in the role!
And our last note – recruitment consultants, you can also save your time! We will be managing these roles directly!