AT A GLANCE
When is Ireland vs West Indies taking place? Sunday, 5th May, 10:45
Where Ireland vs West Indies taking place? Dublin
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs West Indies? 10-12c with cloudy intervals but no rain forecast
What channel is Ireland vs West Indies on? The match will not be televised
Where can I stream Ireland vs West Indies? For viewers in the United States, the game will be shown live and you can take advantage of a free trial with ESPN+ and subscribe now by clicking here!
Are tickets still available for Ireland vs West Indies? https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/odi-tri-series-2019-ireland-v-west-indies-tickets/artist/5288430
West Indies beat Ireland by 52 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland came close to upsetting England on Friday before eventually losing by four wickets but they showed enough to suggest they can compete with some of the biggest nations and they will relish the opportunity to measure themselves against West Indies here.
- Debutant Josh Little was the star man with the ball taking four wickets and causing the English batsmen plenty of problems and he will look to build on that here against the West Indies top order which can be fragile.
- Following that impressive display on Friday, there is every chance that Ireland go with the same eleven here but they will hope to improve a little with the bat and the pressure is on their middle order to improve.
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies start their World Cup preparations with this tri-series match in Dublin and they will have to adapt quickly to conditions both in terms of the pitch and also the weather which is expected to be relatively cool for this match.
- Preparations have been somewhat disrupted by the absence of several key men who are still in India playing in the IPL as Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Keemo Paul and Nicholas Pooran are unavailable so they are understrength here even if it gives an opportunity to others.
- Jonathan Carter – a big hitting batsmen for Barbados – will likely come into the side but the top six looks weak overall but with Jason Holder at number seven and a strong bowling attack, this match could follow a similar pattern to the England match.
Ireland could easily have beaten England on Friday had some moments gone their way and they will be keen to upset West Indies here. The tourists batting looks fragile without so many key men, but the bowling attack is formidable and it will be interesting to see if they can find the right line and length quickly which could be ominous for Ireland if they do. The hosts need a solid opening partnership and then they have a chance. West Indies are always unpredictable but there are plenty of factors against them here and it would be no major surprise if Ireland did spring an upset here.