AT A GLANCE
When is Ireland vs Bangladesh taking place? Thursday, 9th May, 10:45
Where Ireland vs Bangladesh taking place? Dublin
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs Bangladesh? 90% chance of rain and likely to affect play throughout the day
What channel is Ireland vs Bangladesh on? The match will not be televised in the UK
Where can I stream Ireland vs Bangladesh? For viewers in the United States, the game will be shown live and you can take advantage of a free trial with ESPN+ and subscribe now by clicking here!
Are tickets still available for Ireland vs Bangladesh? https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/odi-tri-series-2019-bangladesh-v-west-indies-tickets/artist/5288429
Bangladesh beat Ireland by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland come into this match having been walloped by West Indies in their first match in this Tri-Nation series by 196 runs so they will be looking to compete much better against Bangladesh here.
- They will have to bowl much better than they did against the Windies who smashed 381/3 from their 50 overs and they will know that early wickets will be key against another strong opening partnership in Tami Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar.
- Their top order is under some pressure to perform as that has let them down in recent ODIs with the middle order exposed far too early so Porterfield and Stirling especially need to raise their game here if they are to have any chance of winning.
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Bangladesh kicked off this Tri-Nation series with a superb eight-wicket victory over West Indies on Tuesday and they will be confident of picking up a second consecutive win over an Irish team that lost to the Windies in their opening match.
- With Mohammad Saiffudin passing a fitness test and playing that first game, the team was arguably their strongest available line-up and they will likely stick with that as they aim to build on the win here.
- Their top three batsmen all scored half centuries against the West Indies and the ease which they dealt with their pace attack will give them confidence coming into this game though they may be tempted to reshuffle their batting line-up to give other batsmen time at the crease.
This should be quite a competitive match although it will require a significant improvement from Ireland especially based on how Bangladesh performed in their first match. Ireland struggled to take wickets nor restrict the run rate of the West Indies’ batsmen so that will have to improve here, and they may seek to bat first to try get a total on the board. Bangladesh are in good form based on that first win and they also have a good record against Ireland which they should be able to continue here if the rain allows.