When is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Sunday 5th May, 15:30 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? 30-32c with cloudy intervals but no rain
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport ESPN
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? https://www.iplt20.com/schedule
All-time meetings: Mumbai Indians W18, Kolkata Knight Riders W6
Last meeting: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Mumbai Indians by 34 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Mumbai Indians know a victory here will see them finish in the top two places which they will be keen on to seal an easier path through the knockout phase so that will be their main motivation coming into this final group stage match.
- Mumbai succumbed to KKR last weekend as they conceded 232/2 after putting them into bat so they will know they have to bowl better regardless though they will not hesitate batting first this time to set a big target.
- Lasith Malinga has struggled in his last two matches going for 0/43 and 0/48 but unless they decide to give Beuran Hendricks a chance, any changes seem unlikely at such a crunch stage of the season and coach Mahela Jayawardene will not tinker with his side much.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Jacques Kallis
Captain: Dinesh Karthik
- Kolkata Knight Riders come into this game knowing a win will see them finish fourth and leapfrog Sunrisers Hyderabad so they know what they have to do and they will take heart from beating Mumbai Indians in Kolkata last weekend.
- They come off an excellent win against Kings XI Punjab and the main reason for winning their last two matches has been the good form of their batsmen with the surrounding cast finally raising their game and contributing well alongside star man Andre Russell.
- The bowling attack continues to be their main weakness with Harry Gurney proving to be expensive once again last time out so they could decide to bring Lockie Ferguson in to change things around but that is the only possible change to the team.
While the initiative has to be with Kolkata Knight Riders here as they need a win to make the top four, Mumbai Indians will be motivated to finish in the top two. KKR got the better of the two teams in a shootout last weekend in Kolkata and they are under pressure to win again. Mumbai may relax a little but they will be desperate to win this game. It seems unlikely their bowlers can bowl as poorly as they did in the defeat to KKR last time and they should bounce back and lead them to victory here.