When is Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Sunday 5th May, 11:30 (UK)
Where is Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Chandigarh
What is the expected weather for Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings? 36-38c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport ESPN
Where can I stream Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings? https://www.iplt20.com/schedule
All-time meetings: Kings XI Punjab W8, Chennai Super Kings W13
Last meeting: Chennai Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab by 22 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
KINGS XI PUNJAB
Coach: Mike Hesson
Captain: Ravi Ashwin
- Kings XI Punjab have contrived to throw away a fantastic start for the second year running and while they could qualify with a minor miracle, they are resigned to their fate of missing out on the play-offs.
- Nicholas Pooran finally showed sign of promise last time out as he smashed 48 from 27 balls as he replaced a struggling David Miller and he will get another start here along with Sam Curran who hit a stunning 55 not out from 24 balls.
- They may decide to rotate Andrew Tye back out of the side after another disappointing showing from him against Kolkata Knight Riders last time out and they may bring Mujeeb Ur Rahman back into the side for another spin option.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Captain: MS Dhoni
- Chennai Super Kings will be keen to get a result here and ensure they seal top spot as it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a defeat and win for Mumbai Indians could see them even drop to third place which they will want to avoid.
- They have rotated their players in recent matches to give some of their veterans a breather but it is highly unlikely that they will rest anybody now and the eleven named here should be their strongest team.
- While the track in Chandigarh may not suit their spinners as much as their home track in Chennai, there should be enough in this for them to make an impact with Harbhajan Singh relishing facing Chris Gayle after taking his wicket four times in previous IPL matches.
Both teams should take this match seriously and play hard for the win, but there appears a resignation among Kings XI and that does not bode well. Chennai Super Kings have made some rotations in recent matches but they will be refocused here. Their elite bowling attack stifled Kings XI on home turf even if they were without some key players, and they will be confident that they can make the difference here as the two batting line-ups look relatively evenly-matched.