AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 19th
May, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Sawai Mansingh Stadium
Weather? 42c maximum mostly sunny skies with a humidity of 14%
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Rajasthan Royals W8 Royal Challengers Bangalore W8
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paddy Upton
Captain: Ajinkya Rahane
- Rajasthan were dealt a huge blow to their play-off chances after going down in a disappointing loss to the Kolkata Knight Riders who were able to keep the Royals to just 142 and chase the target easily last time out.
- Ben Stokes had finally found some form; albeit with the ball as the English all-rounder was having a disastrous tournament but in his last two matches he has claimed 2/26 (Mumbai) and bettered that performance with 3/15 against KKR. It is a blow for Rajasthan that he has now returned back to England along with star man Jos Buttler for international duty.
- With both Stokes and Buttler out, that should see D’Arcy Short come back in to open the batting while Ben Laughlin could come in to bolster the bowling attack.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Virat Kohli
- RCB have stayed alive in the IPL after a late season surge which was capped off with a strong win against top of the table Sunrisers Hyderabad last time out. After posting a very impressive 218, the total did not seem large enough before the bowlers held their nerve to restrict SRH to 3/204.
- Moeen Ali and Colin de Grandhomme showed what they are capable of and what RCB having been missing all season. Ali, playing just his fourth match scored a blistering 65 from 34 balls whilst De Grandhomme pummelled 40 from just 17 balls. Both players finding form is imperative to the RCB middle order which has been quite weak all tournament.
- RCB would be reluctant to make any changes after a strong win against the best, however Quinton de Kock and Brendon McCullum await on the sidelines if required but changes are unlikely.
This it for both teams as we reach the final round of IPL 2018 as there are many scenarios that have been thrown around but all these two teams need to focus on is winning this match. Both teams have left their run extremely late and will be ruing losing some close matches earlier in the season. The Virat Kohli-led Bangalore outfit look in ominous form winning their past three matches and whilst Rajasthan cannot be counted out, the loss of the in-form Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes who had finally found some form and the class and talent of RCB should see them claim victory in a huge final round-robin match for these two teams.