AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 12th May, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Holkar Cricket Stadium
Weather? 40-42c maximum mostly sunny with 19% humidity
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Kings XI Punjab W8 Kolkata Knight Riders W14
THE TEAM NEWS
KINGS XI PUNJAB
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Ravichandran Ashwin
- Kings XI blew a golden opportunity to cement themselves in the top four with a disappointing loss to Rajasthan. After being set a mediocre total of 158, the Kings XI line-up faltered only reaching 143.
- AJ Tye has been a roaring success throughout the Big Bash over the last few years and has replicated his form in India. The 2018 edition of the IPL currently sees Tye at the top of the wicket-takers list (16) from 10 matches with an elite economy rate of 7.77 and he will be key to their success.
- Batsman Manoj Tiwary has failed in all three of the matches he has played this year and he could make way for Yuvraj Singh or Aaron Finch if they decide to change things around.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Jacques Kallis
Captain: Dinesh Karthik
- Kolkata produced an absolutely insipid display against the Mumbai Indians as their bowling unit was poor conceding 210 runs and the batting order never got close as KKR fell 102 runs short.
- Whilst Chris Lynn started brightly for KKR, things went downhill quickly with no batsman reaching over 21 runs for the entire innings. From a bowling perspective, only Sunil Narine can hold his head high after capturing 1/27 from his four overs.
- A result like the one against Mumbai will almost certainly bring about some changes and Rinku Singh could be one on the chopping block as he has played four matches for just 29 runs and his contribution is minimal to KKR.
As we get into the business end of the tournament the matches become more crucial as teams look to fight their way into the top four. Both teams are precariously placed with the Kings XI just in the top four on 12 points whilst KKR have slipped out of the top four after their shock defeat to the resurgent Mumbai. The Kings XI batting order (aside from KL Rahul) have had a couple of poor matches in a row, with Chris Gayle failing in both it is a worrying sign that there is too much reliance at the top. This game is sure to be an entertaining one and current form of both teams makes this one too difficult to call.