AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 18th May, 15:30 (UK)
Where? Feroz Shah Kotla
Weather? 42c maximum mostly sunny with 18% humidity
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Delhi Daredevils W5 Chennai Super Kings W12
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Ricky Ponting
Captain: Shreyas Iyer
- Delhi went down to a fired up RCB last time out and sit alone at the bottom of the table with just three wins for the tournament so far as their tough campaign peters to an end.
- Perhaps the sole shining light for Delhi has been the continual success of left-hander Rishabh Pant who has now scored the most ever runs by a Delhi Daredevils player with 582 runs scored in IPL 2018. This season has seen Pant score five half centuries with an impressive strike rate of 180 in a fabulous display of batting.
- Delhi have started to blood some younger players with the likes of Glenn Maxwell being dropped, and expect this to continue for the rest of the tournament as they plan for the future.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Captain: MS Dhoni
- Chennai won their top-of-the-table clash against the Sunrisers Hyderabad in a good tune-up for the play-offs. After conceding 179/4, Chennai dominated the Hyderabad bowlers in uncharacteristic fashion to record an easy eight-wicket victory which will give them good confidence.
- Ambati Rayudu scored a magnificent undefeated century to continue his impressive tournament which has now yielded 535 runs (third overall) with his average of 49 made all the more impressive by the fact he has only recorded one unbeaten innings.
- Chennai could look to rest some veterans or sore players but if squad health is fine, then expect them to keep their playing eleven on the field as they look to rebuild some momentum.
This game brings us two teams at opposite ends of the spectrum with Chennai having already qualified whilst Delhi sit at the bottom of the table and will be playing for pride. Chennai are hard to tip against here with their squad running along nicely and although they have already qualified, the fringe players such as David Willey and Sam Billings will be desperate to put in good performances to stay in the team whilst the rest of the squad fine tunes their game ahead of what is set to be a massive finals series.