AT A GLANCE
When is India vs West Indies taking place? Thursday, November 1st
Where India vs West Indies taking place? Greenfield Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
What is the expected weather for India vs West Indies? 30-32c with a chance of scattered showers throughout the day
What channel is India vs West Indies on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs West Indies? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available for India vs West Indies? https://insider.in/paytm-odi-series-5th-odi-india-v-west-indies-thiruvananthapuram-nov1-2018/event
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- After losing the third ODI in disappointing fashion, India bounced back in impressively to hammer the West Indies by 224 runs on Monday after they batted first and smashed 377/5 and then bowled the visitors out for 153.
- Chahal was left out of that match with Jadeja coming into the side to strengthen the batting order and give them more depth but that was not really needed as the top and middle order produced the goods as Rohit Sharma hit 162 and Ambati Rayudu scored 100.
- That did not impact the bowling unit however as they all bowled extremely well with Kuldeep Yadav and Khaleel Ahmed both taking three wickets apiece so barring a rotation, it is difficult to see any changes to the eleven as India will not take any chances for this final ODI.
Captain: Jason Holder
- The West Indies need to bounce back quickly from the mauling they suffered on Monday as they were never really in that game as India set a huge total to chase and they never really believed that they could surpass that 377/5.
- The batting line-up has plenty of question marks against it and they have not been helped by the fact that the opening partnership has never passed 36 and set the platform for them to really kick on, while there are some key figures like Samuels who are in miserable form so there could be some changes for this game.
- Sunil Ambris or Jermaine Blackwood could be handed a chance at the top of the innings in place of Chandrapaul Hemraj who has struggled as they may want to go with a pinch-hitter with essentially nothing to lose in this game, while Devendra Bishoo may return to add some experience in the spin attack.
India are in control of this series now and they will be desperate to seal the win and not give the West Indies a chance of levelling it up. The pitch is likely to favour batsmen here with plenty of runs expected so with the West Indies struggling to get to grips with the Indian spinners and some of their key batsmen struggling for form, the hosts have to be favoured to win once again and seal a 3-1 series win. West Indies made some poor decisions in the fourth ODI which cost them dearly and they really need to win the toss to bat first to make a contest of this match. Either way, India should get the victory here.