When is India vs Australia taking place? Tuesday, 5th
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Nagpur
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? Temperatures of 30-34c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is India vs Australia on? The match will be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs Australia? The match will not be available to be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? https://paytm.com/events/nagpur/cricket/paytm-odi-series-2nd-odi-india-v-australia-nagpur/184540
India beat Australia by six wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India got this ODI series off to a good start by cantering to victory in the end in the opening match by six wickets although they were under some pressure chasing Australia’s modest 236/7 when they were 99/4 at one stage.
- The performance in that first match was solid without being spectacular and Virat Kohli will be demanding more from his team in this second game in every facet as they can bowl, bat and field much better than they did.
- Vijay Shankar had three disappointing overs which went for 22 in the first game which was pretty poor on an average track as Jadjav was asked to bowl seven overs and he will be under some pressure to do better here as his position in the team is far from certain.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia lost the first ODI after they could only register a below-par 236/7 when batting first and although they caused the Indian batsmen some concern, it was ultimately a comfortable run chase for the hosts.
- The loss of skipper Aaron Finch for a golden duck in that game was not ideal and with the slow-scoring Khawaja and Handscombe struggling to score at a quick enough rate, that emphasised the importance of the Aussie captain so they will need more from Finch here in Nagpur.
- Shaun Marsh arrived late for this series but he is available for this match and has trained with the rest of the team so there is a chance that he will come in for Ashton Turner and bat further up the order ahead of Handscombe, which will bolster their batting which is needed after the below-par display in the first match though the rest of the team should be unchanged.
India outclassed Australia in the first ODI but the tourists will not be too disheartened by that first loss. They competed incredibly well in the T20s and while neither team played particularly well in the opening ODI, they have plenty of margin for improvement. Much depends on how the pitch will play but one would expect conditions to favour the hosts again and they should have the edge in Nagpur.