When is India vs Australia taking place? Sunday 24th February, 13:30
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Visakhapatnam
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? 27-29c with clear skies and sunshine throughout in humid conditions
What channel is India vs Australia on? India vs Australia will not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs Australia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? http://www.bcci.tv/tickets
India beat Australia by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India are back in T20 action against Australia after drawing their recent series and they followed that up with a series defeat against New Zealand at the start of February but now return to home soil.
- Having won six consecutive T20 series’ (seven if including the Nidahas T20 tri-series) before their recent blip, India will be looking to get back to winning ways having not tasted defeat in a home T20 series since 2015 against South Africa.
- Captain Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah will return to the team having been rested recently whilst Rishabh Pant and Lokesh Rahul also return with the Indians boasting a full-strength squad.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia head to India hoping to improve their poor recent T20 record having won just one of their last seven matches although that win did come against their opponents here in their series at the start of February.
- The tourists must contend with some injury issues with Shaun Marsh missing the start of the tour and he will be covered by D’Arcy Short after a superb BBL season whilst Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood are injured.
- Leading BBL wicket-taker Kane Richardson has earned a recall thanks to his form in that competition but there is no place in the squad for Peter Siddle, Mitchell Marsh or Billy Stanlake
India have a formidable T20 record on home soil and although Australia will have hopes of bringing their long unbeaten run to an end, they face a huge task. The Indians are at full-strength and have several players looking to secure places in the ODI World Cup squad whilst the tourists have some injury issues. Travelling without Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood will leave a huge hole in the Australians’ bowling line-up and India can take full advantage to claim the first game of the two-match series.