When? Monday, October 29th
Weather? 31-33c expected and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? The match will not be streamed live in the UK
- India were stunned by the West Indies on Friday as they were bowled out for 240 chasing 283/9 in a hugely disappointing chase so they will be looking to bounced back in the tied series with just two more ODIs remaining.
- That loss and performance will likely see them make changes for this match as Kedar Jadhav is expected to return to the side to bolster the middle order with the bat and provide another option with the ball so Pant is likely to make way although Dhoni should probably be the one.
- Ravindra Jadeja is another player expected to return at the expense of Khaleel Ahmed and that is largely due to adding further strength to the lower order with the bat as that was a clear weakness on Friday when none of them could ably support Kohli or make any kind of meaningful contribution.
- The West Indies picked up a huge win on Friday to give them a major boost in confidence which had already been given a lift from the tie in the second ODI, and now they have a win under their belt and the series is level.
- Chandrapaul Hemraj’s position is coming under a little pressure as the inexperienced opener could benefit from a good score right now but his task is to take risks and score rapidly so they will be patient with him.
- They will surely name the same starting eleven players for this match after the win on Friday with Fabian Allen expected to get another chance after a wicketless debut and they will look for further bowling contributions from Marlon Samuels who was key with the prize wicket of Kohli last time out.
It will be interesting to see how India react from the defeat on Friday and one would expect changes to their team. The reliance on Kohli and the top order has been too great and without any all-rounders from number seven down, they are fragile as the game on Friday proved if the top order do not kill the game off. The Windies have grown in confidence with every match so far, and they will relish this game even more so. It is difficult to know how this pitch will play so that is an unknown, but we can expect India to come out firing here. They do not take kindly to being beaten at home and they should bounce back with a victory here with the pressure on.