When is Pakistan vs West Indies taking place? Friday 31st May – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Pakistan vs West Indies taking place? Trent Bridge, Nottingham
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs West Indies? 20-21c with cloud but no rain forecast
What television channel is Pakistan vs West Indies on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Pakistan vs West Indies? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Pakistan vs West Indies? https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com/showProduct.html?idProduct=381
Last meeting: Pakistan beat West Indies by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan’s hopes of picking up a much-needed win ahead of this World Cup opener were dashed on Sunday as their final warm-up match against Bangladesh was abandoned without a ball being bowled so they come into this game having lost their last ten official one-day matches that have been completed.
- They will be all too aware that they need to be at their best bowling against the West Indies on this batting paradise in Nottingham and they will be desperate for Shadab Khan to find some form quickly as his leg spin could pose some problems to the Windies' fearsome batting line-up.
- Pakistan know they will have to score heavily to compete with the West Indies here so that will need Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman to get them off to a fast start with Imam-ul-Haq expected to anchor the innings.
Coach: Floyd Reifer
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies approach the World Cup in great spirits having smashed 421 against New Zealand in their final warm-up match and they face Pakistan on a Trent Bridge track that notoriously favours batsmen and has seen Nottinghamshire hit over 400 twice in the Royal London One-Day Cup already this season.
- The win against New Zealand will give them confidence largely because Chris Gayle was not at the centre of all the action so there is plenty more to come when he does hit hit his stride, while the likes of Shai Hope, Jason Holder and Andre Russell all looked in excellent form.
- Their main selection dilemmas will come in the bowling line-up as they will be tempted to bring all-rounders like Russell and Brathwaite into the side at the expense of main-line bowlers and Oshane while Thomas may be one to be sacrificed after struggling in the warm-up matches.
Pakistan come into this match as favourites to win the game and that would mean snapping a miserable ten-match losing streak. Their form has been poor and that is largely due to their bowlers struggling to click into gear which does not bode well when playing the fearsome West Indian batting line-up. The one thing in favour for Pakistan coming into this game is their recent record against the West Indies with Pakistan having won five of their last six meetings although the last of them came over two years ago. This is a very different West Indian team now with some of their exiles back in the squad and the likes of Chris Gayle and Andre Russell are capable of making the difference to inspire them to victory in what should be a high-scoring affair.