When is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Friday 7th June – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? 14-15c with rain forecast for the majority of the day
What television channel is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com/showProduct.html?idProduct=400
Last meeting: Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan finally halted their 11-match losing streak of completed matches on Monday as they stunned tournament favourites England at Trent Bridge as they managed to defend their total of 348/8 as the hosts fell 14 runs short in a dramatic match.
- Mohammad Hafeez was the standout player with the bat hitting 84 from 62 balls but all of the top five batsmen made solid contributions which helped Pakistan post a strong total and their veteran bowlers Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Amir shared five wickets and played a key role in denying England and getting their team back on track.
- After that stirring performance, they will almost certainly field the same line-up for this match against Sri Lanka who they have beaten in their last six meetings so confidence will be high for multiple reasons ahead of this match.
Coach: Chandika Hathurusinghe
Captain: Dimuth Karunaratne
- Sri Lanka bounced back from their embarrassing opening defeat by New Zealand by pulling off a dramatic win against Afghanistan on Tuesday but there remain plenty of question marks over their batting still.
- After being bowled out for just 136 by New Zealand, they were bowled out for a second consecutive match against Afghanistan with 201 on the board which is a major concern as their middle order struggled once again as Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews and Dhananjaya de Silva combined for two runs between them after managing just four against New Zealand.
- Batsman Avishka Fernando or even all-rounder Milinda Siriwardana could well come into the side based on their middle order struggles in an attempt to shake things up, though the bowling unit will remain untouched given their match-winning performances.
Sri Lanka’s batting has been well and truly abysmal so far and that has to be a major concern for them. The only thing that is likely to save them in this match against a confident Pakistan team is the rain which is expected to play a major part and potentially even wash this game out. That will frustrate Pakistan as this is a match they should comfortably win, and even if they can play in a reduced-overs affair, they will fancy their chances even more so.