When is England vs Bangladesh taking place? Saturday 8th June – 10:30 (UK)
Where is England vs Bangladesh taking place? Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
What is the expected weather for England vs Bangladesh? 14-15c with cloud but no rain expected
What television channel is England vs Bangladesh on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Bangladesh? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for England vs Bangladesh? https://seatpick.com/2019-icc-cricket-world-cup-england-v-bangladesh-tickets/event/69993?aff=zone
Last meeting: England beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Trevor Bayliss
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- After comfortably beating South Africa in their opening match, England were brought crashing back down to earth last time out as Pakistan beat them by 14 runs at Trent Bridge on Monday and they will be desperate to bounce back to winning ways here.
- Despite Joe Root and Jos Buttler both scoring centuries in that game, not enough of the batsmen around them were able to stick around long enough to guide them to victory and there are plenty of batsmen including the two openers, who will be looking to improve their form starting here.
- Jofra Archer endured a difficult match going wicketless for 79 runs from his ten overs, and the selectors may be tempted to bring Liam Plunkett back into the side at the expense of either Archer or potentially Mark Wood in what is the only possible change to the team.
Coach: Steve Rhodes
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Bangladesh could not replicate their heroics from their opening match against South Africa as they lost narrowly to New Zealand by two wickets, but there were plenty of positives in their performance to ensure spirits remain high coming into this game.
- Wicketkeeper/batsman Mushfiqur Rahim did not enjoy the best of games after being run out at a key stage when batting, and then some questionable wicketkeeping including one failed run out of Blackcaps’ skipper Kane Williamson proved somewhat costly for his team and he will be desperate to bounce back here.
- The batting was unable to score at the same rate as they did against in the opening match against South Africa and although most batsmen did manage to make a contribution, they will be hoping the openers Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar can just get off to a better start and set a greater platform for them to build on.
Bangladesh have been the surprise team of the tournament so far beating South Africa and pushing New Zealand all the way last time out. They face the hosts who will be wounded by the defeat inflicted by Pakistan on Monday. Eoin Morgan’s men were uncharacteristically poor in the field and they will be keen to get back to their usual high standards there, while some of their batsmen like Jonny Bairstow are some way off their best form. This match provides them with a good chance to get back to winning ways, and while Bangladesh will cause them some problems, the hosts should win this comfortably in the end.