When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Friday 17th May, 13:00
Where is England vs Pakistan taking place? Nottingham
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? There will be plenty of cloud cover throughout but the rain should stay away in temperatures ranging between 12 and 14c
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? This match will be streamed live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for England vs Pakistan? https://www.eticketing.co.uk/nottsccc/EDP/Event/Index/1541
England beat Pakistan by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jos Buttler
- England’s batsmen again dug the bowlers out after they completed their second-highest ever run chase in ODIs in a thumping victory over Pakistan as they maintained their unbeaten start to the series.
- After struggling to restrict the Pakistan batsmen, England had to chase 359 to win and they did just that thanks to some superb hitting led by Jonny Bairstow who hit a magnificent 128 from just 93 balls.
- England will be without skipper Eoin Morgan after he copped a one-match ban for a slow over rate in the 3rd ODI with Jos Buttler set to return to the side after he was rested last time out whilst changes are expected in the bowling unit with David Willey a candidate to be rested with Mark Wood and Jofra Archer waiting in the wings.
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan will have felt that their score of 358/9 was one they could defend but England produced a wonderful chase to condemn the tourists to their second defeat of the series so far.
- Opening batsman Imam-ul-Haq hit a magnificent 151 but it proved in vain as Pakistan’s bowling attack failed to take early or regular wickets whilst allowing runs too frequently as England ended up comfortable victors in the six-wicket win.
- Pakistan’s bowlers have come under scrutiny in the series so far and could make changes for this match with Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Hasnain both eager for a chance to impress whilst veteran batsman Shoaib Malik could boost the middle-order.
England’s batting line-up once again showed why they are rated as the best in the world but question marks remain over the make-up of their bowlers ahead of the World Cup. With the team set to be rotated once again and matches running out before the World Cup begins, more big performances could be forthcoming. There are several players hoping to force their way into contention and with some extra pace expected to come into the attack for this game, the home side should be able to claim another victory with the batsmen again likely to have too much for Pakistan’s attack on a Trent Bridge pitch that favours batsmen once again.