AT A GLANCE
When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Wednesday, 8th May, 13:00
Where England vs Pakistan taking place? The Kia Oval, London
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? 15c with rain forecast in the morning but should ease up by 2-3pm
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? England vs Pakistan will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for England vs Pakistan? https://www.eticketing.co.uk/surreytickets/EDP/Event/Index/2345
Pakistan beat England by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England bounced back from a dispiriting ODI performance against Ireland last week in Dublin to comfortably beat Pakistan in a one-off T20 match on Sunday in Cardiff so that will give them some confidence coming into this five-match series which will be used to define the World Cup squad.
- Jason Roy and Moeen Ali are ruled out with ongoing injury niggles while Mark Wood is unlikely to be considered due to a lack of playing time recently so Jofra Archer gets a start once again and IPL trio Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler and Jonny Bairstow will also likely come into the side here.
- Joe Denly is expected to get another chance in one of the all-rounder roles but the Kent man is under some pressure to perform as coach Trevor Bayliss admitted that in-form Hampshire all-rounder Liam Dawson is in contention for a World Cup spot despite not being named in the provisional squad.
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan lost their T20 clash with England on Sunday coming into this five-match ODI series and they desperately need this run of games to fine-tune their squad for the World Cup and their tactics ahead of that.
- Their recent record in ODIs has been poor in recent times but they have rotated their ODI team significantly over the last year so Sarfaraz Ahmed comes back in after missing the last series to lead the team here.
- Despite not being named in the World Cup squad, pace bowler Mohammad Amir is expected to play here and he will be motivated to impress and show he can shine in English conditions as he has previously done.
England will field a team much closer to their strongest line-up than they did in the T20 match on Sunday although they remain without some key players. Pakistan will be closer to their strongest team for this match but they come into this series with little form in the 50-over format. Their team has been unsettled and they have suffered tactically at times as they have struggled to time their big-hitting and when to launch their innings. England will have no concerns there and on what should be a favourable track for batsmen, expect Eoin Morgan’s men to start the series with a win.