AT A GLANCE
When is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Saturday, November 3rd
Where Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? 28-30c and sunshine forecast for virtually the next five days
What channel is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh come into this two-match test series with Zimbabwe following a convincing win in the ODI series against the same opponents and they will be heartened by the fact they have won their last four test matches against Zimbabwe.
- They are weakened by the absence of skipper Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal through injury so that weakens their batting line-up significantly although they will hope the recent form of Imrul Kayes in the one-dayers will transfer to the test arena.
- Mustafizur Rahman faces a fitness test on the morning of this match and they will be desperately hoping he can feature here as a key figure of their bowling unit while Mehidy Hasan bowled well in the ODIs and should cause Zimbabwe plenty of problems with his spin on this track.
Captain: Hamilton Masakadza
- Zimbabwe come into this test series having been dominated in the ODIs and considering the fact they have lost their last seven test series in a row and not won one since September 2013 so confidence and belief if low coming into this match.
- Just as they did in the one-day matches, they will rely heavily on Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams with the bat and they will have to score heavily if they are to have any chance of troubling Bangladesh in Sylhet.
- Kyle Jarvis was clearly their best bowler in the ODIs and they will look to him once again to cause problems to the Bangladeshi top order with the new ball but the hosts will look to frustrate him and score off his relatively average bowling colleagues.
Neither batting line-up is strong enough to bat for days and the weather forecast for Sylhet looks good so that virtually rules out the draw here. Bangladesh are missing a couple of key men in the batting line-up and both Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal will both be missed. That said, they still have good quality in their ranks and with only Jarvis looking like much of a threat with a ball for Zimbabwe, the hosts should be able to score enough that will bat them out of the game. Zimbabwe’s batting line-up is fragile and the team all round is lacking quality so expect a fifth consecutive victory for Bangladesh against Zimbabwe.