AT A GLANCE
When is Bangladesh vs West Indies taking place? Friday, 30th November, 2018
Where is Bangladesh vs West Indies taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs West Indies? 23-28 degrees and sunny
What channel is Bangladesh vs West Indies on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs West Indies? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Bangladesh will be looking for a rare test series win having won the first of the two tests against the West Indies in Chittagong as they claimed victory by 64 runs and their spinners took all 20 wickets.
- Taijul Islam followed up his excellent series against Zimbabwe as the leading spin bowler in the first test as he starred in the second innings claiming six wickets for only 33 runs as the West Indies were bowled out for 139 so he will be key once again.
- Mushfiqur Rahim is doubtful for the second test with a finger injury so Liton Das is on standby for a recall if he does not pass a fitness test while Shadman Islam is expected to start here as Imrul Kayes is ruled out with a shoulder problem.
Captain: Kraigg Brathwaite
- The West Indies lost their third test match in a row to Bangladesh in Chittagong as the Windies' last test win came against Bangladesh at home in July this year where they prevailed by 166 runs but they have to snap this poor run.
- 21-year-old Shimron Hetmyer was one of the better batsmen in the first test but he needs to convert his starts into some big scores and at the same time desperately needs greater support around him from Brathwaite, Powell and Hope who struggled last time out.
- The Windies paceman Shannon Gabriel is suspended for the second test because his total demerit points reached five within a 24-month period which means Keemo Paul or Sherman Lewis will deputise in his place and that is a blow as Gabriel was key in the first innings of the first test.
Bangladesh will be eager to win the second test and claim only their first test win since 2014 when they defeated Zimbabwe. The West Indies struggled against the Bangladeshi spinners in Chittagong and their batsmen just lack the concentration and ability to deal with them. The top three failed in both innings of the first test, and the hosts will relish the opportunity to get another win here and seal a huge series win.