AT A GLANCE
When is Bangladesh vs Pakistan taking place? Sunday, 26th May, 10:30
Where Bangladesh vs Pakistan taking place? Cardiff
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Pakistan? 17-19c with sunshine and cloudy intervals with a 30% chance of rain earlier in the day
What channel is Bangladesh vs Pakistan on? The match will be not be shown live on UK TV
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Pakistan? Bangladesh vs Pakistan will not be streamed live on UK TV
Are tickets still available for Bangladesh vs Pakistan? https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com/ticketingInfo.html
Bangladesh beat Pakistan by 37 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Bangladesh come into their first of two warm-up matches as they face Pakistan here and stay in Cardiff to face India on Tuesday and they will be keen to show they can set a marker down against some of the better teams that will be playing in the upcoming World Cup.
- They have had the benefit of a tri-series in Ireland prior to these warm-up matches and they were successful against both Ireland and West Indies as they won all four completed matches including three against the Windies so confidence is high coming into this.
- The batting was particularly impressive in those matches with Soumya Sarkar looking strong along with Tamim Iqbal at the top of the order and then even the likes of Mosaddek Hossain producing the goods coming in at number seven so their players are showing good form right now.
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan have now lost their last eleven completed ODI matches following their miserable defeat at the hands of Afghanistan on Friday and they will be desperate to find some form and confidence ahead of their opening World Cup match by winning here.
- Babar Azam produced the goods once again with a century against Afghanistan but not enough of his team-mates supported him and the batting continues to be a major concern and their ability to measure their play when batting first especially.
- There were some positive signs with the ball as Imad Wasim enjoyed an excellent day against Afghanistan taking 2/29 from his 10 overs while the returning Wahab Riaz took 3/46 and they need their veteran bowlers like him and Mohammad Amir to click and they will both get plenty of overs once again here.
Pakistan are seriously struggling for self-belief coming into this game having lost their last 11 completed matches and they will be taking this match extremely seriously. They desperately need a win to take some confidence into the World Cup in their final warm-up match but Bangladesh will be no pushovers. The Tigers have good form coming into this game and their batting line-up will fancy their chances against this questionable Pakistani bowling attack. They will prefer chasing a target, as will Sarfaraz Ahmed’s men so the toss could be key, but Mashrafe Mortaza’s men are capable of pushing Pakistan all the way here. Pakistan’s urgency may just see them edge this but do not rule out Bangladesh springing an upset and inflicting a 12th successive loss for Pakistan.