When? Friday, October 26th
Where? Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong
Weather? 26-30c expected and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? The match will not be streamed live in the UK
- Bangladesh sealed this ODI series with another comfortable win as they made relatively light work of chasing down Zimbabwe’s 246/7 as they knocked that off with just under six overs to spare thanks to an excellent opening partnership.
- Despite doubts over the opening partnership prior to the second ODI, Imrul Kayes and Liton Das put an emphatic end to those concerns as they enjoyed an opening stand of 148 which set the platform for the comfortable victory.
- They may rotate a fit again Rubel Hossain back in or give a start to Nazmul Hossain Shanto as neither have played in the series so far but the changes will be minimal as they will be keen to wrap up a rare series whitewash victory if they can.
- Zimbabwe have now lost their last 12 one-day internationals so confidence is dreadful and even when they get themselves in relatively good positions with a chance of winning, they cannot shake the losing habit they have picked up which is ingrained in the team now.
- The line-up is somewhat unpredictable as the selectors may decide to change things around and give opportunities for others like Craig Ervine to perform given they have so many players who are just not producing the goods right now.
- They will rely heavily on Jarvis and Chatara to take some early wickets while the reliance on Brendon Taylor with the bat is huge and after he became Zimbabwe’s highest runscorer in ODIs last time out, they will look for another big contribution from him here.
It has been relatively plain sailing for Bangladesh so far as they have cantered to victory in both matches so far and the series is now over. It has not been without the occasional sticky moment, but they have remained calm throughout and it has been Zimbabwe who have self-destructed and thrown away good positions. While both teams may make one or two changes, it should not affect the way this series has played out and barring significant complacency from the hosts, they should wrap up a series whitewash in Chittagong.