When? Friday, October 26th
Where? Dubai International Stadium
Weather? 33c expected and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD, Sky Channel 729
Where can I stream the match? The match will not be streamed live in the UK
- Australia are hurting from the first match in which they were bowled out by Pakistan for just 89 in a 66-run defeat on Wednesday and opener Aaron Finch did not mince his words when he described it as a ‘car crash’ and embarrassing.
- Options to change things around in the team are quite limited due to Mitchell Starc’s injury problem but Mitchell Marsh is one candidate to come into the side at the expense of Ben McDermott which they may choose to do to shake things up a little to spark a reaction.
- The bowling performance was generally good so there is little concern from that department but the fragile mentality of the team when batting is a major concern and they will hope their openers can give them a platform.
- Pakistan showed in the first T20 match of the series just why they are ranked as the number one team in the world in this format with their comprehensive win and they still have plenty of room for improvement based on that display.
- Shoaib Malik is available which boosts their options in the batting department even further and he could come straight back into the side for Mohammad Hafeez or Hussain Talat to strengthen them even further there.
- It was Man of the Match Imad Wasim and Faheem Ashraf who did the damage with the ball and they did not have to rely on starlet Shadab Khan which once again, is ominous for the Aussies that there is still plenty more to come from this side.
After the embarrassment of the heavy loss on Wednesday, Australia will likely hope to bat first this time round. Their batsmen are struggling under pressure and batting first may just relax them a little more and enable them to set a defendable target. The pitch in Dubai should suit the batsmen more which may help the Aussies to a degree and they really need their openers to get off to a good start whether they bat first or chase. That said, Pakistan are just so strong all round, that they can more than match their big hitting, and even if one of the Pakistani bowlers does not hit top form, the others will cause problems such is their strength and depth. Another win is on the cards for Pakistan here.