When is Australia vs Pakistan taking place? Sunday 24th March, 11:00
Where is Australia vs Pakistan taking place? Sharjah, UAE
What is the expected weather for Australia vs Pakistan? Sun throughout play with some cloud cover in the air in temperatures of 26-28c
What channel is Australia vs Pakistan on? Australia vs Pakistan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Australia vs Pakistan? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs Pakistan? https://www.q-tickets.com/PakAus2019/eventdetails.aspx?k1=BtIOoWZVG+Q=
Australia beat Pakistan by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia carried on where they left off after their series win against India as they claimed a win in their opening match against Pakistan with them managing to chase down 281 with just six balls remaining.
- Captain Aaron Finch will feel he is a man back in form after a superb knock of 116 led his side to the eight-wicket win after he was ably supported for the second wicket with Shaun Marsh amassing 91 runs in the partnership of 172.
- Vice-captain Pat Cummins was a surprising omission for the first game but should come back into contention here whilst Ashton Turner could be another option if the Australians choose to alter their line-up.
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- Pakistan fell to an agonising defeat in the first match of this ODI series with a lack of wickets to blame after they went down by eight wickets having failed to stop Australia from chasing down the 281 they had been set to win.
- In fairness to the bowlers, the pitch didn’t offer much for them but having only taken two wickets, they were unable to stop the momentum Australia developed during their innings which meant Haris Sohail’s maiden ODI ton was in vain.
- With Pakistan looking to experiment ahead of the World Cup, they handed debuts to Shan Masood and Mohammad Abbas and could look to further rotate their team throughout the series with some changes potentially set to come in their bowling attack.
Australia managed to chase down 281 with just six balls left as they edged the first ODI game of the series as they made it four wins in a row in this format of the game. Pakistan will feel they let the game slip away having left themselves short in the total they set and then failing with the ball. They may look to shake their side up to try and get more from their bowling unit after they struggled on a pitch that offered little but that is set to be the same again in the second game that will take place once more in Sharjah. This game should be closely fought again but it’s the Australians who look best set to claim the win.