AT A GLANCE
When is Australia vs India taking place? Friday, November 23rd
Where Australia vs India taking place? Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia vs India? 13-14c with cool temperatures and a 30-40% chance of showers throughout the game
What channel is Australia vs India on? The match will be shown live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia vs India? The match will be streamed live on BT Sport app
Are tickets still available for Australia vs India? https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=CRICKET19
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia got off to an excellent start by winning the first T20 match in Brisbane even though various factors were going against them, and that should give them a much-needed boost in confidence after a difficult spell in 2018.
- The selectors will surely name the same eleven players for this match as they look to build some momentum now but they will be hoping for a bit of luck with the toss as both teams will surely want to field first in a match that could be rain affected.
- Maxwell, Lynn and Stoinis held the innings together on Wednesday and all three batted extremely well but there is still room for improvement so they will hope Finch and Short especially can get off to a better start opening the innings.
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India will be determined to bounce back after defeat in the opening match although they came within a whisker of hauling back a big deficit as they almost achieved the unlikely target of 60 from the final four overs as they fell four runs short.
- It will be interesting to see if they risk bringing in Chahal for this match in place of either Khaleel Ahmed or Krunal Pandya who were both expensive especially after Kuldeep Yadav’s success in the first match and in a stadium that has notoriously long boundaries.
- Any further changes are most likely to be tactical in terms of the batting order and the way Kohli utilises his bowlers as he may want to move up to number three himself with the bat, while he may want to rotate his bowlers a little more to ensure Bumrah faces Chris Lynn against whom he has a good record.
There were plenty of factors going against Australia in that first T20 match of the series but they narrowly came through it. They were at full tilt for that match and gave it their all, while one senses the Indians have plenty of room for improvement. They will be determined to bounce back here and take this series to a deciding match, and they should be able to raise their performance further and take the win. Rain could be a potential issue here and affect the way the game plays out, but with a couple of adjustments, India are too good not to respond and raise their game significantly.