When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Tuesday, 8th March, 07:30
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Dehradun
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 19-21c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium or online https://ticketgenie.in/Event/Afghanistan-Ireland
Ireland beat Afghanistan by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Afghanistan were stunned in the third ODI as they were beaten by four wickets as their total of 256/8 did not prove to be enough as the tourists managed to chase it down in what was a tight contest throughout.
- They lost early wickets which did not help their cause and they were restricted to 74/5 but they managed to rally thanks to skipper Asghar Afghan’s 75 and Najibullah Zadran’s unbeaten century so there is plenty of scope for improvement among their top order batsmen.
- Their bowling unit looked to have wrestled control of the match by reducing the Irish to 29/3 but they could not stop Balbirnie who produced a stunning century and they will look to improve as well as their batsmen and that loss should ensure any signs of complacency are gone now.
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland bounced back superbly in the third one day international as they showed tremendous character to win by four wickets and that was largely down to Balbirnie’s unbeaten 145 from just 136 balls as he was clearly the man of the match.
- Similar to the second match which was abandoned, the Irish bowlers did a superb job in limiting Afghanistan to a modest total as all six bowlers used did a good job from start to finish of the 50 overs.
- Balbirnie’s knock was clearly the standout performance in the team but they will still be hoping for more batsmen to start contributing as they cannot rely on such heroics to win most games.
Ireland produced some serious heroics to win the third one day international on Tuesday and level the series at one win apiece. Balbirnie’s knock will go down in history as one of the greatest ever innings by an Irish batsmen, but ultimately they cannot rely on that happening often. Afghanistan will be highly motivated to bounce back and they should regain the lead in the series with a win here.