When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Tuesday, 5h March, 07:30
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Dehradun
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 19-21c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium or online https://ticketgenie.in/Event/Afghanistan-Ireland
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Afghanistan lead one-nil coming into this third one day international after the second match was abandoned due to rain when Afghanistan had elected to bat first and somewhat stuttered to 250/7 from 48.2 overs before the heavens opened and no further play was possible.
- Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah and Hashmatullah Shahidi all hit half centuries but they typically did not find it as easy to score against the Irish bowling unit so they will look to build on that in this game and score at a quicker rate.
- Mohammad Shahzad was rested in that game as Javed Ahmadi came in to partner Hazratullah Zazai at the top of the order but his scoring rate of 41.5 was not the ideal platform to start the innings and it would be no surprised if Shahzad came back in here.
Captain: William Porterfield
- Ireland responded with great character in the second ODI after being comprehensively beaten in the first match as their bowlers produced some excellent bowling to restrict the Afghans to a modest score of 250 before rain interrupted play.
- Rankin and Singh did a great job in the middle overs conceding economy rates of 4.22 and 4.12 while Dockrell and McBrine took three and two wickets respectively, and they will need a similar type of performance to hold the Afghans’ batting line-up once again.
- James Cameron-Dow came into the side with his slow left arm bowling but proved to be somewhat expensive going for 36 from four overs but he is likely to get another chance in what could well be an unchanged side.
Afghanistan lead the series by one coming into this third one day international after the second match was abandoned without a result. The game was finely poised so the Irish will have been somewhat disappointed but they will take some confidence from that performance. They will not oppose fielding first again here as they hope their bowlers can produce a similar display, but ultimately, even chasing a total of 250 looks beyond their batsmen against the Afghanistan bowling attack. A second win looks on the cards for Afghanistan.