When is Rob Cross vs James Wade taking place? Thursday 14th February– 19:00 (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs James Wade taking place? The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
What channel is Rob Cross vs James Wade on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs James Wade? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs James Wade? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Rob Cross 5-5 James Wade
Previous meeting: James Wade beat Rob Cross 6-3
- Rob Cross gave a high-calibre performance during his 6-6 draw against Peter Wright on night one of the 2019 Premier League last Thursday night in Newcastle, where he finished the match with an average of 103.57 and a double success percentage of 43%.
- Against Wright, Voltage stormed into a 3-1 lead whilst averaging 111 and although he didn’t maintain that level, his average never dipped below 103 during the game. He did have to survive a missed match dart by Wright though, before hitting double 16 to claim a deserved point.
- Cross played well at last weekend’s two Players Championship tournaments despite losing in the second round on Saturday and the last 16 on Sunday. The 2018 World Champion was defeated by eventual semi-finalist Scott Baker on Saturday and eventual champion Dave Chisnall on Sunday - only Michael van Gerwen recorded a higher average across the two tournaments than Cross.
- James Wade made a winning return to the Premier League after a year’s absence when he recorded a 7-4 win over Raymond van Barneveld on night one. The Machine was somewhat fortunate that Barney missed three darts to go 5-3 ahead, as he then punished the Dutchman by winning four successive legs, including a closing checkout of 124 on the bullseye.
- Wade’s all-round scoring and finishing stats were impressive against Van Barneveld. His final match average was just under 100 and he had the joint best checkout percentage on the night with a 58.3% success rate on the outer ring.
- He participated in both of the Players Championship tournaments last weekend, notably reaching the quarter-finals on Sunday where he lost 6-5 to the eventual tournament winner Dave Chisnall. Earlier on in the day, Wade averaged around 108 during his win over Ratajski in the last 16.
This is their first ever meeting in the Premier League and only their third ever meeting on the big TV stage with Rob Cross having won both previous TV encounters, at the Shanghai Masters in July 2018 and the Players Championship Finals in November 2017. Wade has improved in confidence and form since both of those meetings and did win their last encounter on the European tour back in October 2018.
Both players will have been happy with their overall performances on night one of the 2019 Premier League. Even though Cross had to settle for a draw he could take positives and Wade will have had a huge boost of confidence by winning on his return to the tournament. Although neither went as deep as they would have liked in the two ranking tournaments last weekend, they showed enough to suggest they are in good form and should treat us to a quality match. Cross will possibly have the edge on scoring, but his form on the doubles is not quite at the level he would want it to be and that could let the opportunistic Wade in to snatch a point in a 6-6 draw.