When is Rob Cross vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 25th April – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Arena Birmingham
What channel is Rob Cross vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Rob Cross 4-2 Gerwyn Price
Previous meeting: Rob Cross 7-4 Gerwyn Price
- Rob Cross was well beaten by Michael van Gerwen last Thursday night in Cardiff, going down to an 8-2 defeat which saw MVG reclaim top spot in the league standings. Cross is still three points clear of Wade, Price and Suljovic who are all locked together on 14 points.
- Voltage had led 2-0 against Van Gerwen and missed a dart to go 3-0 ahead of the reigning Premier League champion, but then didn’t have a dart to win any of the remaining legs with MVG in awesome form, finishing the match with an average of 107.87.
- He fell to defeat at the hands of Van Gerwen again on Monday in the semi-finals of the German Darts Grand Prix – Cross had thrown excellently to reach that stage with an average of 110.98 against Daryl Gurney in the last 16 and an average of 105.28 against Mensur Suljovic in a 6-5 quarter-final victory.
- Gerwyn Price has won three and drawn one of his previous four matches to really put himself into the mix for a play-off place.
- On night 12 in Cardiff he defeated Michael Smith 8-5 having survived a number of missed darts at doubles from his opponent, he then turned on the style with two 11-dart winning legs against the throw during the course of winning five of the last six legs of the game.
- The Iceman is fourth in the league table level on points with third placed James Wade and fifth placed Mensur Suljovic and perhaps crucially he has already faced Michael van Gerwen twice whilst his rivals for the top four still have to face the world number one again before the end of the league phase.
Rob Cross lost in disappointing fashion to Michael van Gerwen last Thursday and will be looking to respond in a positive way as he has done after both of his previous two losses in the 2019 Premier League. Although Cross will still be chasing top spot, he knows that a win against Price will give him a healthy lead over one of the chasing pack as he aims to confirm his place in the top four as soon as possible. Gerwyn Price will be in confident mood following three wins and a draw (against Van Gerwen) in his last four matches. The Welshman can move to within a point of Cross with a victory here so there is plenty at stake. Cross is unlikely to play as poorly as he did last week and has generally performed to a higher level than Price across the campaign, the 2018 World Champion is tipped to defeat Price for the second time during the 2019 Premier League.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page