When is Raymond van Barneveld vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 14th February– 19:00 (UK)
Where is Raymond van Barneveld vs Gerwyn Price taking place? The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
What channel is Raymond van Barneveld vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Raymond van Barneveld vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Raymond van Barneveld vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Raymond van Barneveld 5-1 Gerwyn Price
Previous meeting: Raymond van Barneveld beat Gerwyn Price 7-5
RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD
- Raymond van Barneveld started his campaign last week with a 7-4 defeat against James Wade. Barney ended up rueing missed chances to take a firm hold on the game; he had first dart at a double in six of the opening eight legs but was only level at 4-4 after those eight legs and thereafter Wade was clinical in closing out the match.
- His match average of 95.15 and checkout percentage of 30.8% were the lowest totals recorded by any of the ten participants on the opening night.
- Van Barneveld lost early on in both of last weekend’s Players Championship tournaments. He went down 6-5 to Ryan Searle in the second round on Saturday and then lost in round one to Steve West on Sunday. Overall, Barney has won only two of his last nine competitive matches.
- After going through the 2018 campaign without a win, Gerwyn Price recorded his first ever Premier League victory last week, putting in an excellent performance against Daryl Gurney when he came from 2-0 down to win 7-4.
- Price finished the match against Gurney with an average of 104.11 and his first nine dart average of 115.79 was the highest recorded by any player on night one. The Welshman also hit a total of six 180s during the game.
- Last weekend he lost 6-5 in the second round in both of the Players Championship tournaments. On Saturday he was beaten by Diogo Portela despite having led 4-1 and 5-3 and then on Sunday he was defeated by Alan Tabern having led 5-4. Notably on Sunday before losing to Tabern, Price did have an average of 110 during his win over Vincent Kamphuis in round one.
Gerwyn Price produced a tremendous performance last week to get the win against Gurney. There were thoughts that his recent fine and warning would curb his enthusiasm but he put all of that aside with a very assured display with just the right amount of aggression in his game. Especially notable was the scoring power from the Welshman which was relentless.
Barney does have a very good record against Price having won five of their previous six meetings, but they have not met since the 2018 Premier League and it could be said they are much different players, mostly in terms of belief, since then, with Price winning a major title and Barney announcing his intention to retire. Price will look to get on top early and if he does it could be a tough night for the Dutch fans. The 2018 Grand Slam champion is tipped to make it two wins from two matches at the start of this campaign.