When is Peter Wright vs Mensur Suljovic taking place? Thursday 2nd May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Peter Wright vs Mensur Suljovic taking place? The Manchester Arena
What channel is Peter Wright vs Mensur Suljovic on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Peter Wright vs Mensur Suljovic? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Peter Wright vs Mensur Suljovic? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Peter Wright 8-11 Mensur Suljovic
Previous meeting: Mensur Suljovic 10-8 Peter Wright
- Peter Wright slipped to eighth place in the Premier League table following his 8-4 defeat at the hands of Daryl Gurney last week in Birmingham. Wright is now six points adrift of the top four with only three matches remaining.
- The loss against Gurney was his third consecutive defeat in the tournament and means Wright has now lost five of his last six Premier League matches, with no victories since a win on night five against Raymond van Barneveld.
- At the German Darts Open last weekend, Wright lost 6-1 to Dave Chisnall in the last 16 in a match where Chizzy averaged over 106. Snakebite had earlier posted an average of 101.79 in a 6-2 win against Steve Lennon.
- Mensur Suljovic sits outside the top four only on leg difference, though with his final two matches of the league phase being against Michael van Gerwen and Rob Cross, this fixture takes on extra importance for the Austrian.
- Last week against Michael Smith he came away with a point from a very topsy-turvy match in which Smith had led 6-2 only for Suljovic to win five consecutive legs to put himself in with a chance of closing out of the match on his own throw. Suljovic failed to have a dart at a double after 18 darts and Smith duly punished, denying Suljovic the two points.
- He was defeated 6-5 in the quarter-finals at the German Darts Open by Dave Chisnall having missed match darts in each of the final two legs of the match with would have set-up a semi-final meeting with Michael van Gerwen.
With matches to come against Michael van Gerwen and Rob Cross, this really could be classed as a must-win match for Mensur Suljovic as he chases a place in the play-offs. He faces Peter Wright who has won just twice in the 2019 Premier League with those wins being against the now-eliminated Raymond van Barneveld and Steve Lennon, who was one of the replacement’s for Gary Anderson after he withdrew through injury. The omens are good for Suljovic against Wright, with seven of their last eight meetings going the way of the Austrian ace. Wright’s only win during that sequence was a come-from-behind victory in the double-start format World Grand Prix last October. This might not be a pretty game but Suljovic is capable of grinding out another win against Snakebite.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page