When is Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 21st February – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross taking place? 3Arena, Dublin
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael van Gerwen 11-3 Rob Cross
Previous meeting: Rob Cross beat Michael van Gerwen 11-6
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen is the only player to have won two out of two matches at the start of the 2019 Premier League season, having defeated Michael Smith and Mensur Suljovic in the opening two weeks.
- It was not a vintage performance from MVG in his 7-3 win over Suljovic, with his match average being just under 100 which is a rarity for the world number one. He was grateful that the Austrian missed five darts at double during the opening three legs, which were all claimed by Mighty Mike.
- Last Saturday he added another tournament win to his record when he won seven matches to claim Players Championship 3. En-route to the final he hit a nine-dart finish for the second weekend in a row. The very next day Nathan Aspinall brought him back down to earth with a 6-1 thrashing at the last 16 stage in Players Championship 4.
- Rob Cross is unbeaten after two weeks of the Premier League season with a draw on the opening night against Peter Wright followed by a 7-4 victory against James Wade last time out in Glasgow.
- Cross had trailed 3-1 against Wade before winning five legs in a row to take control of the game. He finished with a match average of above 102 for the second week in a row and overall his tournament average of 103 is the highest of any competitor in the 2019 Premier League.
- Last weekend at the two Players Championship tournaments he showed some excellent form with four averages above 105 posted during the course of the two days. He lost in the last 32 to John Henderson on Saturday with an average of 106.48 and on Sunday he averaged 105.40 in a semi-final defeat against Dimitri Van den Bergh.
The last two winners of the PDC World Championship face off in what is sure to be a very high-quality tussle. Rob Cross has really been showing a return to form over the last few weeks, both in the Premier League and away from the TV screens where he has been posting a regular stream of ton plus averages. Voltage will surely relish facing the world number one right now. Van Gerwen is not exactly in poor form having won three tournaments in recent weeks as well as hitting two nine-dart finishes on the tour. Their three meetings in the 2018 Premier League all went the way of Van Gerwen with a pair of 7-2 wins in the regular season and a 10-6 win in the play-offs. Cross is playing so much better than he was during that period and he should be able to push the Dutchman all the way. It will be tough for Cross to topple Van Gerwen but he might be able to do enough to snatch a point.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page