When is Michael van Gerwen vs John Henderson taking place? Thursday 7th March – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs John Henderson taking place? The BHGE Arena, Aberdeen
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs John Henderson on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs John Henderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs John Henderson? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael van Gerwen 8-1 John Henderson
Previous meeting: John Henderson 2-1 Michael van Gerwen
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen lost his 100% winning record in the 2019 Premier League last week when he went down 7-3 to James Wade in Exeter. Wade won five consecutive legs after MVG had led 3-2 and missed three darts at double to go 4-2 ahead.
- Van Gerwen’s average against Wade was a lowly 94.33 which is comfortably his lowest of the Premier League campaign so far.
- The night after losing to Wade, he suffered a 10-6 defeat against Mervyn King in the last 64 at the UK Open – an average of 96.73 against King means he has averaged under 97 in consecutive TV matches for the first time since 2017 (excluding double start World Grand Prix matches).
- Scotsman John Henderson is sure to enjoy plenty of support as he takes to the stage against the world number one. Henderson is featuring as one of Gary Anderson’s nine replacements in the tournament due to Anderson withdrawing through injury before the tournament began.
- His best performance in a PDC TV tournament came back in 2017 when he reached the semi-finals at the World Grand Prix. In the first round of that event, he produced a shock win over Michael van Gerwen – the only time in nine meetings he has managed a win against the Dutchman.
- Henderson has made it through to four quarter-finals on the PDC tour during 2019 so far, though last weekend at the UK Open he exited in the last 64 at the hands of Michael Smith.
Michael van Gerwen has suffered a rare occurrence of two defeats in a row on TV and will be looking to resume normal service against John Henderson. Mighty Mike’s performance in those two defeats were well below his expected level and if he does play at a similar standard then he would be vulnerable to another defeat. It is even rarer for him to throw together three sub-standard performances in a row however, and Henderson might face a backlash. In Henderson’s favour will be the crowd who are likely to be heavily in favour of an upset and of course he can go into this match free of any real pressure. Big Hendo might give MVG some uncomfortable moments if he gets on a roll but it would be a big shock if he overturned the Dutch maestro.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page