When is Michael van Gerwen vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 4th April – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Gerwyn Price taking place? The SSE Arena, Belfast
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael van Gerwen 15-0 Gerwyn Price
Previous meeting: Michael van Gerwen 6-5 Gerwyn Price
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen won 7-1 in back-to-back matches against Peter Wright and Raymond van Barneveld last week in Rotterdam and tops the league table ahead of Rob Cross on leg difference.
- Although Wright and Van Barneveld were both well below-par and averaged in the 80s, take nothing away from MVG who performed excellently and had a ton-plus average in both of those games.
- Van Gerwen suffered an early exit in the German Darts Championship last weekend when he lost 6-4 to Keegan Brown in the last 32. The result tells only part of the story though as Van Gerwen averaged over 108 during the defeat and Brown had a 100% checkout success rate.
- Gerwyn Price ended a three-match losing run with a crucial 7-5 against Peter Wright on night nine in Rotterdam last Thursday. The Welshman is now sixth in the league table and still only two points behind third-placed James Wade.
- Price had to survive two missed darts at doubles by Wright in the final leg before he took out a 56 finish to earn only his second win in eight Premier League matches. His average against Wright was 94.47 and it was the fourth time in five matches that he has averaged under 95 in the competition.
- He had a run to the quarter-finals at the German Darts Championship last weekend before losing 6-5 to Michael van Gerwen’s conqueror Keegan Brown. In the last 16, Price averaged over 102 during a 6-1 win over compatriot Jonny Clayton.
Michael van Gerwen moved ominously back to the top of the table with two 7-1 victories in Rotterdam and he will be looking to maintain his place at the summit with two points against an opponent he has defeated on all 15 of their previous encounters. Price came close to ending that miserable record against the Dutchman when he missed chances to win their quarter-final match at the European Darts Open the weekend before last, but he may struggle to come as close this time. Van Gerwen won their two previous Premier League matches by scores of 7-2 and 7-3 and expect him to power to victory against the Welshman again in this fixture.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page