When is Michael Smith vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 7th March – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs Rob Cross taking place? The BHGE Arena, Aberdeen
What channel is Michael Smith vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Rob Cross? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael Smith 3-10 Rob Cross
Previous meeting: Rob Cross 11-7 Michael Smith
- Michael Smith made light of the surgery he’d had to remove an abscess earlier in the week when he defeated Raymond van Barneveld 7-4 last Thursday in Exeter to record his first win of the 2019 Premier League campaign – he had trailed 3-1 against Barney but went on to win six out of the next seven legs to take the two points.
- His high-calibre finishing paved the way for his win against Van Barneveld. Overall, he missed only three of his ten attempts at the outer ring to end the game with a double success percentage of 70%.
- Smith backed up his display last Thursday by performing excellently in reaching the semi-finals of the UK Open over the weekend just gone. He threw a couple of 100 plus averages along the way before eventually losing 11-7 to Rob Cross in the last four.
- Rob Cross enjoyed a comprehensive 7-1 win over Daryl Gurney last time out in Exeter. Voltage was in fine form as he punished an out-of-sorts Gurney at every opportunity – the score was 6-0 to Cross before the Northern Irishman even had an attempt at a double.
- His average against Gurney of 102.16 was his third average of above 102 in four Premier League matches, and his checkout percentage of 70% raised his overall tournament double success to 50% - the highest of any competitor after four weeks of play.
- Cross eventually lost in the final of the UK Open on Sunday to Nathan Aspinall. Cross had performed consistently to reach the final but will have been disappointed with his display in the final where he admitted he ran out of steam after a tiring weekend of competition.
This encounter comes only a matter of days after they met in the semi-finals of the UK Open on Sunday in Minehead. On that occasion it was Cross who came out on top winning 11-7 and indeed Voltage does have a good record against Smith with ten wins from their previous 13 matches – including winning 7-5 in both of their games in the 2018 Premier League season. Of the two players, it is Cross who has impressed the most over the opening four weeks of the Premier League with both his scoring and finishing a level above what Smith has produced and he is tipped to make it a hat-trick of Premier League wins against the St Helens man with possibly another 7-5 victory on the cards.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page