When is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 4th April – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright taking place? The SSE Arena, Belfast
What channel is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Peter Wright? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael Smith 8-15 Peter Wright (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Michael Smith 6-6 Peter Wright
- Michael Smith lost 7-4 to James Wade on night nine in Rotterdam. Smith made a good start to the match having broken throw with an 11-darter in the opening leg. He then led 3-1 before Wade turned the match around by winning six of the next seven legs.
- The St Helens man is bottom of the revised table now that Raymond van Barneveld has been eliminated and with a four-point gap between himself and fourth place he is in great need of the two points from this match.
- When they met on night two of the 2019 Premier League, Smith led 5-2 against Wright and eventually had to win the final leg of the match to rescue a point.
- Peter Wright lost both of his matches last week in Rotterdam and is now without a win in his last four Premier League matches – a run that has seen him slip to seventh place in the table where he is three points adrift of fourth place.
- He averaged under 88 in losing to Michael van Gerwen and Gerwyn Price on night eight and night nine respectively – those are Wright’s two lowest averages of the 2019 Premier League season.
- Wright reached the quarter-finals at the German Darts Championship last weekend where he was eventually defeated 6-2 by Adrian Lewis.
Michael Smith and Peter Wright have both reached the Premier League final within the last couple of years and will be massively disappointed with how they are performing in this year’s competition. They are both in danger of losing touch with the top four if they continue to play as they have during the opening nine nights. It really is a difficult match to call with such inconsistent form shown by both players, so a repeat of their 6-6 draw on night two is the prediction.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page