When is Michael Smith vs James Wade taking place? Thursday 9th May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs James Wade taking place? The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
What channel is Michael Smith vs James Wade on? Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs James Wade? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs James Wade? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael Smith 3-16 James Wade
Previous meeting: James Wade 7-4 Michael Smith
- Michael Smith’s slender hopes of reaching the play-offs were ended with a resounding 8-1 defeat against Rob Cross last week in Manchester. He is now without a win in his last six Premier League matches.
- Missed doubles cost him early on against Cross as he trailed 5-1 despite having opportunities to win four of those legs. His checkout percentage of 30% across his last five matches tells the story of why he has failed to get close to a top four spot in the league.
- Smith had an early exit at the Austrian Darts Open last weekend, he lost 6-4 to Steve Beaton in his first match of the tournament.
- James Wade has lost only one of his last eight Premier League matches and occupies third place in the league table with a healthy leg difference advantage over fourth-placed Mensur Suljovic who is level with Wade on 17 points. Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price are on 16 points and 15 points respectively.
- He defeated an out-of-sorts Gerwyn Price last Thursday night in Manchester, winning 8-4 with an average of 94.3 against Price’s seasons low average of 89. Wade’s own average was his third lowest of the campaign.
- Wade enjoyed a good run at the Austrian Darts Open last weekend where he defeated fellow Premier League competitors Gerwyn Price and Mensur Suljovic on his way to the semi-finals before he was beaten by Ian White.
James Wade can really strengthen his position in the top four with a victory in this match, and indeed if results go his way he could have guaranteed his place at the O2 by the end of the night. The Machine has an excellent record against Michael Smith with 15 wins from their last 16 encounters, including a current sequence of nine consecutive victories. It is a very surprising record considering that the nine consecutive victories have come during the last two years. Such a head-to-head record cannot be ignored and with Wade flying high in the Premier League and Smith struggling for wins, this match could see Wade complete his tenth win in a row against the 2018 Premier League runner-up.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page