When is Michael Smith vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 18th April – 19:00 (UK)
Where Michael Smith vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
What channel is Michael Smith vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael Smith 12-5 Gerwyn Price
Previous meeting: Michael Smith 7-5 Gerwyn Price
- Michael Smith is in desperate need of a win if he is to keep his play-offs hopes alive. Smith is four points outside the play-off places following his 8-3 defeat against Michael van Gerwen last week in Liverpool.
- Smith averaged over 100 against Van Gerwen but was on the end of a 109.11 average against the world number one who was in imperious form. Smith has averaged over 99 in each of his last three Premier League matches but has failed to win any of those matches.
- Last weekend he enjoyed runs to the final and semi-final at Players Championship tournaments 11 and 12 respectively - it was the second weekend in a row in which he had reached a ranking final.
- Gerwyn Price has won two and drawn one of his last three matches and is fourth in the league table on leg difference ahead of Mensur Suljovic and Daryl Gurney, he is only behind third-placed James Wade on leg difference.
- Last week in Liverpool he defeated Mensur Suljovic 8-5 but it was not a performance to remember, reflected in his average of 89.24 which is his lowest in the 2019 Premier League campaign.
- Price competed in both of the Players Championship tournaments last weekend and lost with an average of 103 in his defeat against Arron Monk on Saturday in round one and an average of 105 against Danny Noppert on Sunday in the last 16.
Michael Smith needs to turn his improved performances into wins if he is to try and reach the play-offs for a second consecutive year, a win against Gerwyn Price could bring him back into contention but defeat may leave him with too much to do. Price himself occupies a top four place and has picked up five points from his last three games. It should have been six points but for a comeback from Van Gerwen which denied Price a victory in their encounter two weeks ago. When Smith and Price met on night eight it was Smith who triumphed and he has in fact won 10 of their last 13 meetings which bodes well for the St. Helens man. That record might just give him enough belief to get him a victory which could keep his top four aspirations alive.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page