When is Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney taking place? Thursday 21st February – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney taking place? 3Arena, Dublin
What channel is Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Michael Smith 6-3 Daryl Gurney (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Michael Smith drew 6-6 with Daryl Gurney
- Michael Smith is looking for his first win of the 2019 Premier League campaign having lost to Van Gerwen on night one and drawn 6-6 with Wright on night two. Last week against Wright he was leading 5-2 but he missed a combined total of seven darts at the outer ring as Wright strung together a streak of four winning legs in a row which left Smith needing to win the last leg of the match to rescue a point.
- No player has had more double attempts than Smith has had over the opening two weeks and only Van Barneveld has a lower double success rate.
- Although Smith didn’t go as deep as he would have hoped in any of the two Players Championship tournaments last weekend – his best run was on Sunday when he lost 6-5 to Gerwyn Price in the last 16 – he did play some good darts with a ton plus average in four of the six matches he played, which included a very impressive 112.27 average in a 6-2 win against Adam Hunt on Saturday.
- Daryl Gurney bounced back from his opening night defeat against Gerwyn Price with a 7-3 win over Lakeside world champion Glen Durrant in Glasgow last Thursday evening.
- His finishing against Durrant was almost impeccable with seven hits from nine attempts; two checkouts of 121 against the throw were crucial in stopping a charge from Durrant after Gurney had raced into an early lead.
- Away from the Premier League, he suffered disappointing early exits on Saturday and Sunday at last weekend’s Players Championship double-header – losing in the second round on Saturday to Zoran Lerchbacher and in the first round on Sunday to Jamie Hughes.
Michael Smith and Daryl Gurney have become very accomplished players on the big stage over the past couple of years with some impressive performances in big tournaments cementing their places in the top six of the PDC rankings. Less erratic and temperamental than they used to be, the level of consistency from the pair is much more reliable and as a result this is an exciting match-up, with both men capable of plenty of 180s and high checkouts. This is surprisingly their first meeting since the 2018 Premier League season when they played twice; Smith won one, and they shared a draw from the two matches. Their only other TV tournament match was at the 2016 UK Open when Smith won 9-8. Realistically there isn’t much to separate the two players, but the fact Smith has a slight edge on their head-to-head record might just give him the extra belief to get over the line.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page