When is Mensur Suljovic vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? Thursday 14th
February– 19:00 (UK)
Where is Mensur Suljovic vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
What channel is Mensur Suljovic vs Michael van Gerwen on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Mensur Suljovic vs Michael van Gerwen? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Mensur Suljovic vs Michael van Gerwen? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Mensur Suljovic 4-10 Michael van Gerwen
Previous meeting: Michael van Gerwen beat Mensur Suljovic 10-5
- Mensur Suljovic came back from 5-1 down during his 6-6 draw against Premier League 'contender' Chris Dobey who missed six match darts against the Austrian in a highly entertaining encounter which contained a total of 11 180s.
- Suljovic impressively won five legs in a row to lead 6-5 and missed a dart at double to win the match before Dobey stepped in to end the match in a draw.
- The draw against Dobey means that Suljovic has now won only four of his last 13 televised matches with three of those wins coming in his run to the semi-finals at the Grand Slam of Darts last November.
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen started his 2019 Premier League campaign with a 7-5 win against Michael Smith in a repeat of the 2018 Premier League and 2018-19 World Championship final. Van Gerwen had his throw broken in the opening leg of the match but broke straight back and was never behind in the match again.
- His average of 104.98 was the highest average on the opening night and only James Wade matched his success rate of 58.3% on the outer ring.
- Last Saturday MVG averaged 103.95 over seven matches as he won Players Championship 1 in Wigan. On the Sunday he reached the quarter-finals at Players Championship 2 where he hit a nine-darter during a 6-3 defeat against Jonny Clayton which ended a 22-match winning run for the Dutchman. Even in defeat, Van Gerwen averaged 104 (Clayton averaged 106.5).
Michael van Gerwen was in ominous form on opening night last week, and although Michael Smith did stay in touch, MVG showed his class with an 11-dart winning leg to see out the match. It took an average of over 106 from Jonny Clayton to beat him at the weekend and Suljovic will likely have to reach that level to overturn the world number one in this encounter. The Austrian hasn’t really threatened to beat Van Gerwen in their recent televised meetings and he is likely to finish second best again which is no shame against the dominant Dutchman.