When is Max Hopp vs Raymond van Barneveld taking place? Thursday 21st March – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Max Hopp vs Raymond van Barneveld taking place? Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
What channel is Max Hopp vs Raymond van Barneveld on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Max Hopp vs Raymond van Barneveld? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Max Hopp vs Raymond van Barneveld? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Max Hopp 2-2 Raymond van Barneveld
Previous meeting: Raymond van Barneveld 4-0 Max Hopp
- Max Hopp takes to the stage in front of a big home crowd to face darting legend Raymond van Barneveld in what is sure to a tremendous atmosphere on a big occasion for German darts. Hopp is competing as one of the replacements for Gary Anderson in the tournament.
- The German number one broke into the top 32 last year with two ranking tournament wins including his breakthrough win at the German Open last April when he defeated Peter Wright, Rob Cross and Michael Smith on his way to winning the title.
- Hopp had his best run in a senior televised tournament last October at the European Championship when he reached the semi-finals, but since then he has only reached the last 16 once in ten ranking tournaments.
RAYMOND VAN BARNVELD
- Raymond van Barneveld is three points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League table with three matches to go until judgement night so really needs a win to keep alive his chances of staying in the tournament after week nine.
- Barney lost 7-3 against Rob Cross last week and has now been beaten in each of his last three Premier League matches. His average of 91.22 against Cross was his second lowest of the campaign so far.
- He showed an upturn in form last Sunday at Players Championship 8 when he reached his first final since 2014. He did have a favourable draw having not had to play a top 32 player until he faced Adrian Lewis in the final, but will have gained much confidence from his display at the tournament.
The night in Berlin ends with an intriguing clash between the young German rising star Max Hopp who is making his first appearance on a Premier League night and Dutch legend Raymond van Barneveld who is playing in his final season as a professional. The timing of Barney’s run to a ranking tournament final on Sunday could not have been better for him as he needs to roll back the years and produce a match-winning performance that he hopes will keep his Premier League season alive. Hopp has plenty of motivation to impress in front of a big crowd and he has the temperament to make the most of the occasion. This match could go all the way to a final leg and a draw which probably won’t be satisfactory for Van Barneveld.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page