When is James Wade vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 16th May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is James Wade vs Rob Cross taking place? First Direct Arena, Leeds
What channel is James Wade vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream James Wade vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wade vs Rob Cross? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: James Wade 5-6 Rob Cross
Previous meeting: Rob Cross 7-4 James Wade
- James Wade occupies third place in the league table prior to the start of night 16 with a one-point lead and a healthy leg difference advantage over Mensur Suljovic and Daryl Gurney. If Gurney and Suljovic both win then Wade could actually drop down to fifth place ahead of this match but on the flip side if one or both fail to win then he would be guaranteed a play-off spot before taking to the stage.
- Last week against Michael Smith he came back from 4-2 down to lead 7-5 only for Smith to claim the final two legs of the match to prevent Wade from sealing victory.
- The Machine is unbeaten during his last five Premier League matches and has lost only three matches in the competition all season – the same number as both Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen.
- Rob Cross is in pole position in the league table heading into night 16. He is ahead of Michael van Gerwen by one point but with a much inferior leg difference than the Dutchman. A win or draw for Van Gerwen would mean Cross has to win to top the table.
- Voltage put in a strong performance to defeat Mensur Suljovic 8-4 last week, finishing the match with an average of 102.66. It was his ninth average of 102 or more during the 2019 Premier League season.
- Cross put in a below-par performance in losing to Jeffrey de Zwaan at the last 32 stage on Saturday at the European Darts Grand Prix, with his match average in defeat a lowly 89.55.
The league phase of the 2019 Premier League comes to an end with what should be a high-quality encounter between two players who have played to a high level for the majority of the Premier League campaign. There has been so much to admire about the performances from both James Wade and Rob Cross throughout the 2019 season and they are without doubt serious threats to win the whole tournament when the competition comes to a close at the O2 on May 23rd. Results in earlier matches will dictate how much pressure they are under when it comes to taking to the oche for this encounter, which makes it a little trickier to predict at this stage. What we do know is that there is not a lot to separate them on their head-to-head record and we could well see the league phase come to a conclusion with a draw.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page