When is James Wade vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 21st March – 19:00 (UK)
Where is James Wade vs Peter Wright taking place? Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
What channel is James Wade vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream James Wade vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wade vs Peter Wright? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: James Wade 18-17 Peter Wright
Previous meeting: James Wade 11-9 Peter Wright
- James Wade lost 7-3 against Mensur Suljovic last week in Nottingham in what was his first defeat in the competition since week two when he was beaten by Rob Cross. Even with that defeat, Wade still sits only two points off the top of the table.
- The finishing from Wade last week was much below the levels in his previous matches; he ended the match with a checkout percentage of just 27.3%. Despite that low number, his tournament checkout percentage of 47.89% is the highest of any player in the league.
- He failed to get past the last 32 in any of the two ranking tournament last weekend, losing to Arron Monk and Vincent van der Voort, though those matches he averaged 99.67 and 102.
- Peter Wright had to settle for a draw last week against Daryl Gurney despite having led 6-3. Wright missed a dart to win the match 7-4 and was punished by the Northern Irishman. Snakebite has lost only one of his six Premier League matches this season (against Mensur Suljovic) and he sits just inside the top four on leg difference.
- He has recorded his best two averages of the 2019 Premier League during his last two matches, with a 102.91 against Gurney following the 106.64 he posted against Van Barneveld the week before.
- Last weekend he suffered early exits in both of the Player Championship tournaments – losing surprisingly to Robert Marijanovic and Jose de Sousa.
James Wade and Peter Wright are no strangers to each other on the darting circuit with a total of 35 matches between the pair over the years and there is not a lot between them with Wade 18-17 ahead on their head-to-head record. Snakebite has had the edge in their Premier League meetings though with four wins from their last four encounters. Although the stats show that Wade has outperformed Wright in the 2019 Premier League so far, Wright has shown signs he is finding some consistency and will push Wade all the way. A draw looks the likely outcome in this match.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page