When is James Wade vs Michael Smith? Thursday 28th March 19:00 (UK)
Where is James Wade vs Michael Smith taking place? Rotterdam Ahoy
What channel is James Wade vs Michael Smith on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream James Wade vs Michael Smith? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wade vs Michael Smith? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: James Wade 12-3 Michael Smith
Previous meeting: James Wade 11-10 Michael Smith
- James Wade came from behind to salvage a point in a very tough encounter against Dimitri Van den Bergh in Rotterdam on Wednesday night. Wade had trailed 4-2 and at 6-5 down he survived a missed match dart by the young Belgian.
- That was his second consecutive draw in the competition and it is now three matches without a win for The Machine – though he still occupies fourth place in the table ahead of Daryl Gurney on leg difference and is only two points behind league leader Michael van Gerwen.
- Wade’s average against Van den Bergh was over 103 and his total of seven 180s is the highest match total so far in the 2019 Premier League.
- Michael Smith picked up a crucial 7-5 win against Gerwyn Price on night eight. His victory, coupled with Van Barneveld losing later in the evening, ensured Smith’s place in the Premier League after night nine.
- It wasn’t plain sailing for Smith against Price and he was grateful that the Welshman missed five darts at doubles in the opening leg and again missed chances in the final leg which would have denied Smith the win.
- Smith will be aiming to make it two Premier League matches without defeat for the first time this season.
Fourth-placed James Wade faces eighth-placed Michael Smith and the fact there are only two points separating them shows how tightly congested the table is, so two points for either player could be vital. Wade has been performing to a consistently higher level than Smith across the Premier League season so far with a tournament average almost six points higher than that of his opponent, and the head-to-head record certainly makes good reading for Wade, who has won 11 of their last 12 meetings including each of the last five. The fact Smith is now safe from elimination might bring some freedom into his game and also an improvement, but the consistency of Wade could be the deciding factor and give him the two points.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page