When is James Wade vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 2nd May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is James Wade vs Gerwyn Price taking place? The Manchester Arena
What channel is James Wade vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream James Wade vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wade vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: James Wade 6-3 Gerwyn Price (1 draw)
Previous meeting: James Wade 6-6 Gerwyn Price
- James Wade has lost only one of his last seven matches and is still third in the league table ahead of Gerwyn Price and Mensur Suljovic on leg difference. Last week in Birmingham he drew 7-7 against Michael van Gerwen in a high-quality encounter with Wade averaging 103.66 and Van Gerwen recording an average of 106.78.
- Wade had looked to be in a strong position to earn his second Premier League victory of the season against Van Gerwen when he led 7-5 but the defending champion won the final two legs of the match to snatch a point.
- Last weekend at the German Darts Open he lost 6-2 in the last 16 to UK Open champion Nathan Aspinall who produced an outstanding performance in averaging just under 108 during the match. Wade had earlier defeated rising star Luke Humphries in the last 32.
- Gerwyn Price is unbeaten in his last five Premier League matches with three wins and two draws during that sequence. He is currently in fourth place in the league table, level on points with third-placed James Wade and fifth-placed Mensur Suljovic.
- Price drew 7-7 against Rob Cross on night 13 having missed four match darts to seal victory against the world number two. Despite the disappointment of missing the chance to pick up two points, it was a strong performance from the Welshman as he averaged over 100 for the first time since night one.
- The Iceman gave a good showing at the German Darts Open last weekend where he averaged over 100 in two of his three matches – his run in the tournament ended in a 6-5 defeat in the quarter-finals against Rob Cross.
Third meets fourth in a crucial fixture as the league phase of the 2019 Premier League enters its final three weeks before the play-offs at the O2. James Wade and Gerwyn Price may be level on points but such is James Wade’s advantage on leg difference, he is realistically a point ahead of his rival. Both Wade and Price come into this fixture with mixed feelings from their previous matches with one point garnered from games against Van Gerwen and Cross respectively but with both players having led 7-5 they will have hoped for more.
It is difficult to see either player running away with this match. Gerwyn Price halted a three-match losing streak against James Wade when they shared the points on night three and a draw is the predicted outcome in this encounter too.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page