When is Gerwyn Price vs James Wade taking place? Thursday 21st February – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Gerwyn Price vs James Wade taking place? 3Arena, Dublin
What channel is Gerwyn Price vs James Wade on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gerwyn Price vs James Wade? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gerwyn Price vs James Wade? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Gerwyn Price 3-6 James Wade
Previous meeting: James Wade beat Gerwyn Price 10-7
- Gerwyn Price is unbeaten after his first two matches of the 2019 Premier League campaign with one win and one draw from encounters against Daryl Gurney and Raymond van Barneveld.
- It should really be two wins out of two but he let a 6-2 lead slip against Van Barneveld last week with four missed match darts squandered by the Welshman. Price was averaging 102 after nine legs of the match but finished the match with an average of 95.6.
- Last Sunday at Players Championship 4 he had his best tournament run since winning the Grand Slam in November. He reached the semi-finals only to lose to eventual champion Glen Durrant in a high-calibre game where Duzza averaged 109 to Price’s 103. On his way to the semis, Price had posted impressive averages of 105 and 106 in wins against Nathan Aspinall and Steve Beaton.
- James Wade has won one and lost one of his opening two matches in the 2019 Premier League. Last week he was beaten 7-4 by Rob Cross despite having earlier taken a 3-1 lead in the game.
- In defeat against Cross, Wade averaged over 100 and hit 50% of his double attempts. The Machine has a tournament checkout percentage of 55% after two matches, which is bettered only by Daryl Gurney.
- Wade didn’t have a deep run in any of the two Players Championship tournaments that were played last weekend. His best result was reaching the last 32 on Sunday where he lost to eventual finalist Dimitri Van Den Bergh.
Both Gerwyn Price and James Wade have performed to a good standard over the opening two weeks of the competition with very similar tournament averages of over 99. Breaking this down further, Price has scored produced the heavier scoring with only Van Gerwen and Cross having a better average over the first nine darts of a leg. Wade has been more effective on his finishing with over 50% of his attempts at a double being successful.
Price certainly warmed up for this week’s Premier League action in impressive fashion with some excellent displays at the weekend. He has taken his scoring to a higher level without doubt, and the question is can he be clinical enough on the doubles to keep Wade at bay? The Machine might have less attempts at double than his opponent but he is capable of getting a point from this match with some opportunistic finishing.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page